Monday, January 25, 2010

I need some help!!!

It's 10:00 at night, in through the ED door comes this guy yelling "I need some help." As I head for the door expecting to find a slumped over person or a baby on the floor of the car he yells at me "hurry up she's having a lot of pain." Here we go again.....

As I get her in the wheelchair, the boyfriend/significant other/whatever he is keeps yelling at her "don't fall asleep, you can't go to sleep." What the hell? Not sure what falling asleep and chest pain have to do with each other. The whole time this is going on, the hysterical female is continuously repeating "I can feel my hand, I can feel my hand, I can feel....."

Here is another reason for liberal spraying of some kind of benzos in the ED entrance. So we start the workup. EKG, labs, monitor, O2, the cardiac workup.

Come to find out she has a couple of kids that were arguing in the car and this caused the pain to start. She then starts to go completely ape-shit when lab shows up to get her blood. "Lab draws hurt too much, can't you just tell me what's wrong and send me home?"

So in the end these goobers drive 90mph from a small town 30 minutes away risking their lives and more importantly everybody else on the road with them only to leave AMA because she can't stand to get her blood drawn. A few minutes after they leave, the guy comes back in and asks whether they can both get a work note for the next day??? GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!!!! No note for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment